Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Gardening and partying - Friday, October 14, 2011

Oahu--Today I went out to work in the garden. After pulling a few weeds, it started raining. I went back into the house to watch a DVR'd show. By the time the show was over, the sun was out. I got quite a few weeds out, pruned some flowers off my hibiscus and sprayed carpenter bee nests in one of my hibiscus trunks.

Bob came home from work to watch the UH Warriors football game. I continued gardening, then came in to get ready for the party.


The party was just wonderful. About 35 people were there. The Marathon Maniacs are such good people and we appreciated all they did for us. 

We were each given five gorgeous leis; so pretty and fragrant. Bob gave a speech letting everyone know what we're up to. It was great for me to meet some of his running friends whom I had never met.

After dinner  Bob and I headed to Anna Miller's Restaurant for dessert--peach pie for Bob; hot fudge sundae for Susan. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.