Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Not enough sleep -- Saturday, Dec. 17, 2011

Fallon, NV: Must.Get.More.Sleep...I've been trying to go to bed by 8:45-9:15 p.m. as I have been getting up at 4:45 a.m. Even the best of intentions do not get me to sleep by then. 

My "normal" bedtime is 11:00 p.m. On Thursday night, I made it to bed by 9:45 p.m.; Friday night I was in bed by 9:15.  I got about seven hours sleep Thursday night; however Friday night I didn't go to sleep until after 10:45, then woke up about three times during the night.

How can I fall asleep quickly and stay asleep? I know getting enough sleep helps with weight loss and makes my mood way better. Surely there must be a way to get more sleep!

As I'm sitting here writing my blog, I'm getting colder and colder. The thermostat is set at 72, but our indoor thermometer shows 60 degrees. No wonder I'm cold. 

Bob is in bed because he's getting up early to work tomorrow. I went outside to switch over the propane tanks which I haven't done before. Looking at them, I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do. Bob told me to flip the switch to change tanks, then close one valve and open the other. I flipped the switch with no problem. He didn't tell me which valves to open and close. Unfortunately, I started unscrewing the valve that releases the propane from the tank. Whew! I got a face full of propane and quickly closed THAT valve. It is now all taken care of and we have heat again. He will also have hot water for his shower in the morning.


I chose not to work overtime tomorrow. My body is exhausted from a week of lifting heavy book boxes, loading a labeler conveyor belt and using a pallet jack to move heavy pallets from here to there and back again. I can tell my thighs are going to be very sore tomorrow. I iced my knee and back tonight which felt pretty good.

Tomorrow, I will take our friends Bill, Jeanette and Marsha on a four-mile walk around Soda Lake. See http://www.forgottennevada.org/sites/sodalake.html

Tonight we went to dinner at a Mexican/Italian Restaurant in Fallon. It was pretty good, but VERY salty. I had the lamb chop special with rice, veggies, and cheese bread. Bob ordered two soft tacos and a chicken enchilada combo plate.


Fallon decorates their downtown beautifully for Christmas. Lots of lights adorn the trees and city buildings. 


Monday, we are off to Reno to return some jeans to K-Mart, see our financial adviser, Bob will go to Kodiak Roofing's Spark's office to meet the staff he will work with starting January 3. Hopefully, I will get to see a movie. If I feel like doing ONE MORE THING, I will go to Express Personnel and sign up for temp admin work starting Jan. 3. I can sign up online, but I'd also like to meet them face to face. I'd like to get back into office work and give warehouse work a rest.


All for now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.