Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Monday, December 19, 2011

OUCH! -- Sunday, Dec. 18, 2011

Fallon, NV: Day off. Woke up at 3:30 a.m. Sunday morning with a swollen, painful hand. I got up, turned on the heat, got an ice pack and sat in the recliner with the ice pack on my hand. I've never had a broken bone, but I imagine it's what a broken bone would feel like. The area over my right small and ring finger knuckles was red, hot, puffy...couldn't see my knuckles. Pain on a scale of 1-10 was 10+. It made me cry. It hurt so bad to put ice on it that I put the ice on my thigh and laid my hand upside down on top of. I thought it might be some kind of bug bite, but there was no bite to be found. 

The pain started Saturday after I got off working a 10-1/2 hour day. Don't know if it's work related because there was no one incident I can remember that might have caused it.

Saturday we made plans to take our friends on the four-mile walk around Soda Lake. Jeanette and Marsha came over about 12:40 p.m., toured our 5th wheel, and we headed out to the lake. Bob worked overtime today and Bill had a cold, so it was just the ladies. We had a beautiful day for the walk, about 46 degrees. 

Marsha checking out a Canadian goose and coot.

Dragon cloud.

Soda Lake reflecting clouds.

After our walk, I drove them around Fallon because they'd never seen it before.



Bob worked five hours overtime and they sent overtime workers home at noon. He was at the rig when we got back. Jeanette and Marsha headed back to their RV Park and we relaxed for a while. 

Bob asked if I wanted to go see "Sherlock Holmes, A Game of Shadows." Are you kidding? That's like asking if I want chocolate. We drove to the theater to see what time the movie played. 

We had about an hour until the show so we drove about 1/2 hour to find Stillwater Wildlife Refuge, saw a glorious sunset, and saw the beginning part of the refuge as it was getting dark. Since this refuge is for migrating birds, we will have to return in the spring to see birds.






Back to Fallon for "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows." Both of us thoroughly enjoyed the movie...good acting, great dialogue, interesting story, and a few mind games.

After the movie, we stopped at Taco Bell for dinner. Got home just in time to watch the "Survivor" finale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.