Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Friday, February 3, 2012

Vertigo Schmertigo - Thursday, Feb. 2, 2012

Reno, NV:

Bob's company gave us two tickets to tonight's Blazers/Kings game in Sacramento, CA. Oh boy! Date night! I got dressed in my black jeans and red top (Blazer colors) and wore my Trailblazer earrings, ready to cheer on our team in "enemy" territory.

Bob took off work around 2:30 p.m. to pick me up from the 5er. About 1:30 p.m. I started feeling a little "woozy" and knew vertigo was raising its ugly head. When Bob picked me up, I told him we needed to take some plastic bags along with us "just in case." We got in the car and headed to Costco for gas. By the time we got to Costco, I was getting very dizzy and my tummy was churning. I started moaning and Bob said, "Do I need to take you back home?" I told him I didn't think I would do very well in the car for 2-1/2 hours to Sacramento, so yes he better take me back home.


We headed back to the 5er and, sure enough, as we were pulling off the freeway at our exit, my tummy heaved. Thank goodness for the plastic bags. When we got back to our place and I turned to put my feet outside the car; the whole world was spinning. I had to close my eyes or I would lose my balance completely. I held onto the car as I walked around it to get to our steps. Bob helped me up the steps, kissed me goodbye and headed off to the game.


I was so bummed! I was looking forward to going to Sacramento for the game. Instead, I crawled in bed, got sick again, then slept for two hours. When I woke up, I was fine. It was 7:00 p.m., game time. 


Bob had a great time at the game. The seats were five rows back from the three-point line in the section where you get served by waitresses. And I missed it? Damn vertigo. Never know when it's going to strike. 


As far as the drive to Sacramento over Donner pass...Bob told me he thought I would have been even more miserable because of the change in pressure. His ears kept popping and he thought that would have made my vertigo even more unbearable if I had decided to brave going.


He got home around midnight safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.