Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Friday, March 30, 2012

Boo Boos and Repairs -- Friday, Mar. 30

Sparks, NV:
Sunnie loves my new laptop. Sometimes when I walk away for a few minutes I come back to find him sitting very comfortably on my keyboard. Bad kitty.

Thursday, for example, I put my computer on hibernate and we went to the post office, grocery shopping and the bank. I forgot to put the top down on my laptop when we left the rig.

When we returned from our errands, the screen on my computer was black, as usual, when it hibernates. I turned it back on. "WARNING!" in huge red letters came up on my screen with a message that my computer was going to reinstall the Factory settings! At the bottom of the screen I could click "Yes" or "No." I had no idea what I was clicking yes or not to. OMG now what do I do? I did a hard shut down on my computer and turned it back on...same message! Time for more help. I called my son who minored in computer information technology in college.

I explained the situation to him. He told me to do a hard shutdown. I told him I had just done that. He said, "Do it again." So I did, and wouldn't you know it, the computer opened up normally! He then had me do a "Restart" just to make sure it was good to go. He also said it was good the cat didn't get his paws on the keys that would click "Yes" and completely reset to the Factory settings. Note to self: ALWAYS put the cover down when you hibernate the laptop. No more kitty feet commanding my computer what to do!

We checked some items off our to-do list on Thursday: got our passport photos, mailed the passport renewals to Pennsylvania, contacted a mobile RV repair company to come out tomorrow to fix TWO burners on our stove that aren't working, repair a couple of leaks, and see if he can repair a plastic brace under one of our slide outs that is broken (we think from the strong winds).

Saturday, Bob will take the 5er to have four new tires installed and I will take the fur-kids to the vet for their annual vaccinations and a check up.

I have been spending a lot of time reading blogs of people who are gate guards in Texas. Looks like that will be our next job after the RV rally (May to the end of July). Southern Texas in summer--rattlesnakes, scorpions, thunderstorms, dust, mud, working 24/7, isolated and, on the positive side, roadrunners, hummingbirds, dark skies for star-gazing, time to read, blog, do jigsaw puzzles, and the pay is good. I feel like we're going out to the frontier!

We will most likely have oodles of stories to tell.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I saw a cartoon of a kitty sitting on a laptop keyboard, on facebook the other day, the caption said "If it's not for sleeping on, why do they make it so warm?"
    Good luck with the Blog challenge, I am traveling during April, so would not be able to do it. I will be checking on you though :-)
    huggs kim x

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.