Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunday, March 18, 2012

No Blarney! It's St. Patrick's Day - Sat., Mar. 17

King City/Wilsonville/Beaverton, OR:

A brief note about yesterday (Friday): I got up and started my day as usual. As soon as I got in the shower, vertigo started. My head was spinning, but I tried to keep it at bay. I did pretty well but I got sweaty and felt nauseous. I did not get a full-blown attack. Spent most of the day sitting quietly. At 6:00 p.m., I had a dinner date with our good friends Claude and Penny. Claude made fajitas and refried beans. Penny made a bean salad. Dinner was excellent and our conversation was fun. We talked about their jewelry business, Marco Polo Designs, their trips to Italy and our fifth wheel adventure. Claude's birthday is next week, so I took Bliss Cupcakes over for dessert. A very nice, quiet evening.

Today started out with Mom and I running errands. We cruised down I-5 to Wilsonville where we picked out a cake for tonight's dessert, I checked our mailbox, and went to Costco to have air put in my tires and bought fuel for my car.

My sister invited the family over for corned beef & cabbage dinner. Mom, my brother and sister in law, my son and my sister's boyfriend were all there. 

The dinner was excellent. Along with the corned beef & cabbage, she served a BIG green salad, parslied new potatoes, beets, pearl onions, turnips, sweet mustard and yellow mustard. Plus my son brought some delicious butter croissants. For dessert, Mom and I brought a banana cream cake from Thriftway. Plus there were six bottles of wine and two bottles of champagne. (We didn't drink all that, but we made a dent!)



Jan, Charlie, Mom, Gina, Frank and Mike

Corned beef, cabbage, new potatoes, beets, carrots,pearl onions, croissants, wine (green salad already consumed)


At the end of dinner, I was at the table talking to Mike (my son) and I started feeling dizzy. When we got up to go in the living room, I sat down on the couch and got quiet for about 5-10 minutes. That little bit of quiet time helped and the vertigo went away.


After dinner we played two tables of pinochle (four rounds). It was so fun. 

The evening was capped off by my sister and Charlie announcing they got engaged last night. Woo hoo! Congratulations you two! (The reason champagne was on hand.)

When I talked to Bob this evening, he said it's snowing in Sparks/Reno tonight. He spent his evening at a baseball game, then played a little blackjack and walked around downtown Reno. He said the kitties are doing well. 

All for tonight. Travel Bug out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.