Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Wild weather, fun day - Sun., Mar. 18

Portland, OR:
Today is girlfriend day. At 11:10 a.m., I met my friend Cathy who I used to work with at AAA. We saw "Act of Valor." Both of us enjoyed the movie a lot. It is so exciting.

When we exited the theater, it was snowing--very wet snow which didn't stick. 

After the movie, Cathy asked where I'd like to go for lunch and she started naming restaurants. When she got to "Spaghetti Factory," I said, "That's the place." We had an excellent lunch and an enjoyable time talking.

From Clackamas I headed over to our duplex in Tigard to pick up some of our mail  that was there. While I was in the driveway at the duplex, my friend Dee called and we made arrangements for me to meet her in North Plains and follow her to her place.

On the way to North Plains, a heavy hailstorm hit. I slowed way down because I didn't want my car to slide. It lasted about three minutes and the freeway was completely white.

I spent a couple of hours with Dee at her place. We took a 1/2 hour walk on back roads. Later while we were sitting in her living room talking, some deer walked by. She said sometimes they come right up to her living room window. Sweet.

The drive back from Dee's was so pretty. It was late afternoon and the sun was shining brightly on the green fields and hills of North Plains.
North Plains, Oregon--Dairy Creek area

Beautiful Oregon spring late afternoon

Love Oregon farmland in spring!
On my way back to mom's, I stopped by my nephew's apartment to pick up some paperwork for new renters in our duplex and reimburse him for installation of new blinds.

Susan out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.