Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Time for a Time Out -- Sat., Sep. 1

Even though it's Labor Day weekend, I don't intend to work. (Well, a little laundry and some cleaning.) Mostly it's time to relax after a six-week trip.

This morning I slept in until afternoon, read a little while, relaxed. Lee Childs' "The Hard Way" is my current book and I'm about 40 pages from finishing it, but I just kept falling back asleep. Finally gave up on the book and decided to finish it later.

Bob got up early and ran this morning before it got too hot. Luckily there was cloud cover so he didn't get scorched.

When I finally showed my face, the sun was high in the sky. I made blueberry pancakes with fried eggs for breakfast brunch.

Bob relaxed in front of the TV alternating between baseball and a submarine movie. We both spent time online catching up.

Bob did stock-up shopping at Walmart. Tomorrow we will go to Costco for the first time in five weeks! Wow, maybe I'll get my new camera. Oh, happy day. No more spots in my photos.

The fur-kids are happy to be parked. They are such sweethearts. Bowie loves to go for a walk outside on my shoulder. When I took him out tonight, I saw the coolest thing...two owls sitting on a light post. It's not very often, if ever, that I have seen owls outside at night in a place where I could actually tell what they were. Bowie did not see them, but one of the owls seemed interested in Bowie. I was also remembering the time in this RV park when we sat outside at night and a scorpion came running toward my foot. I have flip flops on. I took Bowie back inside.

It's really nice to relax; a time out from our time out on the road. 

Travel Bug timed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.