Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Out to Lunch -- Wed., Jan. 2

Out to lunch, literally. I headed to Costco to shop. The Costco I went to is near Bob's work and he invited me to lunch.

As I was picking up a few items, Bob came walking up to me in Costco. Apparently I didn't hear my cell ring so he came and found me. So sweet!

He took me to Zio's Italian Kitchen. I didn't think to get my camera out until we were finished eating. Then I got to work. If the restaurant looks empty it's because we were there at 2:30 p.m....not exactly lunch rush hour. I would describe Zio's as similar to Olive Garden, only better. They have a more extensive menu. The food was excellent. They also have a lunch express menu which is a little smaller serving and includes soup or salad. I had lasagne with vegetable minestrone and Bob had chicken parmigiana with a side salad.



Bob finishing up lunch.


Must be an Italian saying.
Thank you, honey, for keeping me from dying today. 

I forgot to mention...it is friggin' cold today. Every time I looked at the outside thermometer is was 42 degrees. It did not budge one degree all day. Brr. Tonight it is still right around 40, but supposed to get down to 37. Then tomorrow night there's a chance of rain with sleet. I'm ready for the 70s again any day now. As of now, the forecast for next Wednesday is for 69 degrees. That's getting closer.

After lunch, I stopped at HEB (Here Everything's Better) to buy a couple more items that weren't at Costco. As soon as I pulled into the RV park at 4:00 p.m., my phone rang. It was Bob inviting me to a spontaneous birthday party where he works for the girlfriend of the owner. Since I had just left there an hour ago and it was a 1/2 hour drive back, I politely declined and asked him to tell her Happy Birthday from me.

Then I started working on a project for Bob in Microsoft Word. I worked on it until 10:30 p.m. and finished up. 

When I checked my email at 11:30 p.m., I found two emails inviting me to a ladies RV luncheon tomorrow. I could have made it, but apparently a number of others couldn't. We'll try again next week. 

I must have had a lunch consciousness today and attracted lunch invitations. Nice.

When I returned from Costco, I brought a new box home for the kitties to play with. You know how it is with cats...put something new on the floor and it's theirs!

David Bowie cat in the bag, I mean box.
Bowie was pawing at our cupboard under the refrigerator. He normally doesn't do that, so I thought maybe there was a mouse in there. I opened the cupboard.

"Let us check it out for you, Mom."
"I searched every nook and cranny."
"You iz safe. You can thank me now."
These cats are too much sometimes. They're certainly entertaining.

Saturday, we are doing two Volkswalks. Jim and Peri will be joining us for one of them, then coming here for pinochle and chili. They're bringing cornbread and dessert. How nice! The temperature for Saturday has been revised down from 61 degrees to 53 degrees with a 20% chance of showers. Oh, well, it will be like walking in Oregon in the rain. Throw on a few layers, bring an umbrella just in case. Been there, done that--many, many times.

My mom and sister will be visiting us from Portland at the end of March. I made their airline reservations for them and reserved one of the cabins at the RV park. They're all set. We'll be thrilled to show them around Texas Hill Country in spring. I can't wait to see the bluebonnets...we arrived here just a little too late last year. They also haven't met the fur-kids yet. Oh, the fun we'll have.


Good night all.

4 comments:

  1. Wishing for slightly warmer weather here too ... although can't really complain since we ate lunch on the patio of a restaurant in Tallahassee yesterday. Your cats are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv Zio's. My sister & I hook up there every once in awhile. Normally, we get the salad and share an entree. yummmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never a dull moment with cats around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly know how to fill up your days. And then your cats make you laugh. It's a tough life, but somebody's got to do it! ;c)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.