Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Blog Entry Day - Wed., Jan. 8

First order of business today was our RV park TEAM meeting at 7:30 a.m. No doughnuts for me because at 8:15 a.m. I had a fasting blood sugar test. The meeting was almost over  at 8:00 a.m. Everyone knew I had to leave by 8:00 a.m. I quietly said good-bye and headed out.

At the doctor's office they had me in an exam room by 8:25 a.m. and my blood was drawn about five minutes later. I was free for the rest of the day.

And what did I do with my day? I cleaned the cat box, did the dishes and wrote blogs all day. Now I'm caught up. Woo hoo.

Time to watch my Netflix selection, "Argo." Already saw it at the movies but loved it and wanted to see it again. Plus it's the movie for our movie night. Bob is at Random tonight talking to another small business (cupcakes!) about doing accounting for them part time.

Now that our cold temperatures have moderated, we've had cold gloomy skies and misty rain all day. C'mon Mr. Sun, you can shine any time now!

Remember the Volkssport Centurion Challenge I completed? Here's my award for finishing. It's a beautiful, large patch. The small 2013 patch I have sitting on it is separate. If I do a Centurion Challenge in the future and complete it, I will only get the year patch. You can see on the patch that AVA-sanctioned Volkssporting events you can do to complete your 100 events include walking/hiking, cross-country skiing, bicycling or swimming.



Travel Bug out.

P.S. My cold never got very bad, but it's the cough that's driving me crazy. Other than that, I feel perky and healthy.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, looking forward to my first one with you on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got that same cold too.... that nagging cough just won't clear up.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.