Blue Angels Practicing, Naval Air Station Pensacola, Florida - May 10, 2017

Blue Angels Practicing, Naval Air Station Pensacola, Florida - May 10, 2017
Blue Angels Practicing, Naval Air Station Pensacola, Florida - May 10, 2017

Friday, April 25, 2014

Stuck on U - Thurs., Apr. 24

In our gate guarding get up from June 2012.
OK, this is the first time in the A-to-Z Blogging Challenge that I've been totally stumped on a letter. A "U" letter just isn't presenting itself for a good blog.

I've thought of:
  • under - that sounded too negative: undertaker, underground, underdeveloped, underutilized ... no, not my word.
  • ubiquitous - hmm, what does that mean exactly? Having or seeming to have the ability to be everywhere at once; omnipresent ... nope again.
  • utilitarian - pertaining to usefulness rather than beauty, ornamentation, etc.; designed for use rather than beauty. Sounds too much like a utility knife or an iron. Not my word.
  • understanding - a pretty good word, but not my word.
  • uppity - close, but not quite.
My aha moment, and this just came to me (a day late): unique. I am unique and so are you! Thank you, I take a bow for finally choosing a just-right word.

All it took was putting on the ole thinking cap and some free association.

Travel Bug out.

4 comments:

  1. I was going to say universal but I like unique better. Unicorn came to mind too, but that doesn't fit for everyone...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Universal is a good word, but unicorn?? You are too funny.

      Delete
  2. How about all the unusual places, events or things you have experienced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unusual is a very good word. I like that one.

      Delete

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.