Here are my answers to this week’s Wednesday Hodgepodge questions. If you write a blog and would like, answer on your own blog, then add your link at the end of Joyce’s post (click badge below to go to the host site).
1. The month of July was named for Roman Emperor Julius Caesar. He's quoted as saying, 'Experience is the teacher of all things." So what has experience taught you lately?
Even though you're good friends with someone on a daily basis doesn't mean you can travel with them and share a motel room.
2. Where did you last 'roam'?
Went with my good friend on a 5,000 mile driving trip from San Antonio, Texas to walk six state capitals: Phoenix, AZ; Carson City, NV; Sacramento, CA; Boise, ID; Salt Lake City, UT, and Santa Fe, NM, and do five hikes in the Columbia Gorge Volksmarch Classic Walking Weekend in Oregon.
3. Speaking of 'Rome'...pizza, pasta, gelato...you can only pick one, which would you choose?
I choose pasta! Love spaghetti, lasagne, and bow tie pasta summer salad...yummy.
4. 'Rome wasn't built in a day', 'All roads lead to Rome', 'When in
Rome...' which 'Roman' idiom have you most recently encountered?
"When in Rome, do as the Romans do." When you're traveling with your friend in HER eco-friendly car, drive in an economically friendly manner. Be ready to go when she's ready to go.
5. What's a movie you've seen or a book you've read, that makes you want to book a trip to Italy?
"Casino Royale" and "Under the Tuscan Sun."
6. Walt's original Disneyland opened
almost sixty years ago, on July 17, 1955 Have you ever been to the
California park? How about any of the other Disney parks around the
world? What's your favorite amusement park ride or attraction?
Yes, I grew up in southern California about 20 minutes away from Disneyland...have been there many, many times over the years.
I have been to Disney World/Epcot in Florida twice and Disney's Animal Kingdom in Florida once.
My favorite amusement park ride hands down (or hands up) is the rollercoaster!!
7. It's that time of year...when were you last bitten or stung?
Mosquito bite at work last Thursday.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Worrying about Bob's catheter ablation surgery on his heart Monday. Supposed to be routine. I'm hoping there are no complications or infections.
Travel Bug out.