Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy - Mon., Aug. 11

Talk about combining a bunch of movies into one...this one does it. I saw the Han Solo character from Star Wars (in the form of Chris Pratt aka Starlord), a prison break, bars with weird characters a la Star Wars, threat of planet destruction a la Star Wars, a smidgeon of Fifth Element in the aligning of the stones, bounty hunters a la Star Wars, creepy and weird characters galore, and some humor a la Galaxy Quest

Still and all, I enjoyed the movie. I did find some of the dialogue hard to hear, although I understood Groot 100% of the time. You'll know what I mean if or when you see the movie. There's lots of action, an interesting (if tired) storyline, and some unique roles.

You won't find the meaning of life or deep conversations, but you will find a light-hearted summer movie to go with your popcorn and soda. Three stars.

6 comments:

  1. It's pretty hard these days to come up with a story line that's not already somewhat tired. You enjoyed it, which is what counts. I'd go, but I'm sure I'd be going alone.
    Tend to watch Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Netflix is fine but some movies are just fun on the big screen with big sound. This is one of them. I go by myself because Bob isn't into sci-fi or fantasy.

      Delete
  2. I'm so disappointed that I won't find the meaning of life in this movie. That was why I was going to see it. I guess now I'll pass. ;c)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.