Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Rock 'n' Roll at Snoops Tavern - Wed., Dec. 31

These next few blogs will be a time for me to catch up on our last 1-1/2 weeks. After all the work at the RV park, I had Sunday through Tuesday, Dec. 29-31 off work. It was too cold to do much.

Since our return from our six-week trip on November 1, we hadn't put our bird feeders out. As I was preparing to take the laundry to the laundry room, a cardinal sat in the tree above me and chastised me for neglecting to feed him. So I put out the bird feeder and seed. Somehow I think birds know when very cold weather is coming and they eat for energy.

As soon as I put up the feeder, not just one, but about 15 sparrows descended upon it, followed by the cardinals and house finches. When the smaller birds kicked seeds out of the feeder, a number of white-winged and Inca doves covered the ground beneath the feeder eating the dropped seeds. In one afternoon, the seed level in the feeder dropped by 2/3rds from the birds eating. (No squirrels partook because it's seed they don't like.)

Small birds on feeder, doves on the ground beneath.
This feeder was full of seed in the morning!
On Wednesday, New Year's Eve Day, I worked until 4:30 p.m. Bob and I had some snacks to tide us over until 9 p.m. At 8:00 we drove up to Snoops Tavern in San Antonio where Texas Radio rock 'n' roll band would be playing for New Year's Eve. A group of our friends were all going there. When we arrived, a number of people were already there. I started the evening with a shot of Crown Black whiskey (which I sipped for quite a while). Bob had Redd's Apple Ale. We sat around talking while the band warmed up.

At 9 p.m., the owner of Snoop's Tavern put out BBQ brisket, chicken, pulled pork, and baked beans. The food was free, a thank you to his customers. We snagged some right away as we were hungry. One of the patrons brought homemade brownies which were really good.

About 9:30 p.m., the music started and we danced the night away.

Us rock 'n' roll dancing
Slow dancing
Me and Bob
Brenda and Dave
Brenda, Dave, me, Bob
More of our group dancing
Dave and Brenda
Brenda - the life of the party!
J.J. - the flirt.
Happy New Year!

Brenda with her 2015 lit-up glasses and an extreme noisemaker.
Ringing in 2015
We were tucked safely back in our 5th wheel by 1 a.m.

1 comment:

  1. wow. . .you guys are so young at heart! One of the few folks I know who actually made it to midnight. . .LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.