Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Unwell, unfortunately - Monday, Jan. 19

Saturday at work I knew for sure I had the flu. All the people I work with had it and I'm pretty sure the guy next to me in the courtroom at jury selection had it as well on Wednesday. This flu is very contagious.

All day Saturday I had chills and then developed body aches in the afternoon. By the end of the workday, I wanted to go home and climb in bed with the heater on. People at work had recommended Alka Seltzer Plus Night Severe Cold & Flu packets. Bob went out and bought some for me. I was already under the covers in bed in my sweatshirt, jeans and wool socks when he returned.

To be effective the Alka Seltzer packets needed to be dissolved in hot water. Bob fixed it up for me and I had him drop an orange-flavored Airborne in the mug as well. The directions said to inhale the steam from the hot mixture. I did and it helped clear my sinuses. After I drank the mixture, I fell asleep quickly around 6:30 pm. I remember waking up once around 9 or 10 pm and feeling very sweaty, like my fever had broken. At midnight I woke up and fixed another mug of the steamy Alka Seltzer and got online while I inhaled and sipped the concoction. Then I went back to bed around 1:30 am and slept until almost 11 am Sunday.

Our original plans were to go to Susan and Darren's house to watch the AFC/NFC championship games Sunday afternoon. Bob had texted Susan Saturday night to let her know we wouldn't be able to make it.

We took it easy on Sunday. Bob walked over to the Rec Hall at the RV park where all the Packer fans had decorated and brought snacks to share. He just took a bag of Chex Mix and said he felt like a single guy coming to a potluck with just a bag of chips. Plus he was rooting for the Seahawks in a sea of Packer fans. He came back to the 5th wheel to watch the rest of the game here. Wow, what a surprise ending to that game!

All day I ate only chicken noodle soup, tea, and a salad. When Bob asked if I'd like for him to bring home some food, I said, "Yes, I'd really enjoy a Wendy's baked potato and chili." He went out and brought dinner home. He takes such good care of me. Thank you, love.

Before bed, I did the whole Alka Seltzer Plus Night packet again. And once again I slept very well, waking up about 10 am this morning.

Today, I felt a lot better. In fact, I got the freezer defrosted! But this evening the coughing started again. Time for the night time Alka Seltzer Severe Cold & Flu routine. As soon as I finish that I'll be headed to bed.

Hopefully, I'll be much better tomorrow.

Here are some pics of the fur-kids, Sunnie and Bowie.

Sunnie and Bowie
"Bowie, I need more room. Move it!"
Sunnie and Bowie, so content!
Travel Bug out.


7 comments:

  1. So sorry you got it. I had a lighter version of it in early December and I STILL have the cough. Hope you are luckier. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your fur babies are glad to see you bounce back so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get better soon Susan and so glad you have a wonderful guy to help take care of you! Don't get back in full groove too soon and relapse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have read and heard from a friend that Alka Seltzer is the best for colds. Our daughter had a terrible cold right before Christmas and was taking something else. I told her about Alka Seltzer and she started to take it. She felt much better in two days. Hope you feel much better today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be careful with that flu. Just when you think you are feeling better and get up and around....bang it hits you again. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel lots better soon. Don't try to overdue as soon as you feel a little better or you can count on a relapse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better Sue. Travelling may not be good for you so its okey. Take it easy and get a lot of rest. Besides there is not much here in Riviera, TX

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.