"If you don't turn your life into a story, you just become a part of someone else's story." ~Terry Pratchett, novelist (28 Apr 1948-2015)
I read the above quote on Anu Garg's "A.Word.A.Day" daily email and it got me to thinking, "Wow, that is so true!"
Because of the quote, my mind turned introspective. The number one reason I blog is to keep a record of what we're doing, thinking, how we're feeling, where we've been, where we're going, and friends we meet along the way.
Here's my current list of why I blog:
- To keep a record of our lives (so we can go back and remember all the cool things we've done, places we've been and people we've met - we're not going to be young forever)
- To write what I'm feeling
- To showcase photos I've taken
- To connect with other bloggers
- To keep my writing skills sharp
- To highlight other blogs and bloggers when they write a great blog
- To tell stories - happy, sad, family-related, pet-related
- To share great quotes
- To inspire people who "wannabe" full-time RVers, show them how it's done, give tips
- To learn from other people's blogs -bloggers share a common love of writing and sharing thoughts and ideas.