Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Monday, July 18, 2016

A Volksmarch through Outlet Store Malls - Sun., Jan. 31, 2016

Today, our activities are diverse: a Volksmarch and a visit to a Snake Farm and Zoo. Susan and I were up early. We had an hour drive to the Outlet Malls in San Marcos.

We walked the malls twice to make 10k. Window shopping has its pitfalls. We ended up buying a few things along the way. If you get a chance stop at the Outlet Malls in San Marcos. It's the biggest group of outlet stores I've ever seen in one place.

Walking six miles makes the stomach hungry for food. Both Susan and I love Johnny Rockets, so that's where we chose to eat lunch. It was very good!

San Marcos Outlet Malls
We did lots of window shopping
Time for lunch!
Susan M. ready to order!

Burger, salad and Dr. Pepper
After we finished out 6.2 mile Volksmarch, we went to the Snake Farm and Animal Zoo near New Braunfels, TX. Because I work in the hospitality industry, I need to keep up on local attractions so I know whether to recommend them to other RVers.


Rattlesnake
Albino Burmese Python
"Hey, how's it goin'? Can you help me get outta here?"


Horned toad
Alligator
Eastern Massasauga Rattlesnake
In addition to all the snakes, lizards and alligators inside the building, there was a zoo outside with animals as well. These were much more friendly looking!

Ring-tailed lemurs
Patagonian Cavies
 

Eurasian Eagle Owl
A giant croc

Young lioness
Capybara - world's largest rodent
Young male lion at feeding time
Cougar (or puma, panther, mountain lion)
Spider monkey

Squirrel monkey
Camel
Hyacinth Macaws
River otter

River otter
I'm glad we went, but I'm also glad I had a Groupon (buy one get one free admission). The Snake Farm and Animal Zoo is mediocre at best. You don't need to go out of your way to go here.

After the Snake Farm, we each headed home. We had a very nice time today.


1 comment:

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.