Tonight we chose to go to the Music Under the Stars Concert at Mission San Jose featuring the USAA Band and Chorus. Before the free concert, we went to Chaba Thai, our favorite Thai restaurant, and picked up Chicken Pad Thai for two to go. We took our "picnic" with us to the concert.
|Music Under the Stars at Mission San Jose in San Antonio|
|The lights on the mission were part of the show.|
|Mission San Jose|
|Music Under the Stars|
|A small part of the crowd enjoying an evening out.|
- "I Just Want to Celebrate" - Zesses & Fekaris, arr. Wallace
- "The Star-Spangled Banner" - Francis Scott Key
- "Jubilate! Joy We Bring" - Antonio Vivaldi, arr. Liebergen
- "This Land is Your Land" - Woody Guthrie, arr. Gallina
- "Latin Carnivale" - arr. Victor Lopez (a medley of songs including "Hot, Hot, Hot," "Conga" and a few others)
- "Sway" - Ruiz & Gimbel, arr. Taylor
- "Fever"- Davenport & Cooley, arr. Holmes
- "Oye Como Va" - Tito Puente, arr. Mossman
- "Malaguena" - Ernesto Lecouna, arr. Kerchner
- "The Yellow Rose of Texas" - traditional, arr. Hibashi
- "L-O-V-E" - Kaempfurt & Gabler, arr. Collins
- "Save the Last Dance for Me" - Pomus & Shuman, arr. Ragsdale
- "I've Been Everywhere" - Geoff Mack, arr. Althouse
- "My America" - Joyce Eilers
- "March of American Hymns" - arr. William Swor
- A salute to the Armed Services - arr. Jari Villaneuva (Themes from each branch of the service were played and those who served in those branches or had relatives in those branches stood while each theme was played.)
- "God Bless America" - Irving Berlin, arr. Moss & Christopher
In other news, Bob is feeling great. The other day he was running on a treadmill at lunch in Gold's Gym and did 10-minute miles for six miles. It's about the best he's ever done and he felt wonderful. He is heavy into his training for the Honolulu Marathon in December. I think he is running 14 miles on Sunday and then 16 miles next weekend. Then they taper off for a bit. Also, his neck is healing well. His left ear is numb as they did have to cut a nerve when the did surgery. He jokingly says about that ear, "I could get my ear pierced without anesthesia because I can't feel anything."
At Travelers World RV Resort where I work, our new owners (Sun Communities, Inc.) are making all kinds of upgrades to the park. The most major one is the addition of five new park model cabins for rent. They were just installed a couple of weeks ago and are being cleaned and furnished. We already have three of them rented for most of the winter season. The other two have some daily and weekly renters so far, but are not full. Because of the popularity of the furnished cabins, Sun is going to put five more park models in sites that are not used often. Two of the cabins will be two bedrooms. They hope to have those cabins in by the end of 2016. Other remodeling and changes are coming too. Onward and upward.
Enjoy your weekend! Travel Bug out.