Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Snake spotted today! - Wed., Sept. 7, 2016

Susan and I met at Mission Concepcion at 7:15 to do a 10k Volksmarch from Mission Concepcion to the Blue Star Arts Complex and back. The starting temperature was 88 degrees with 94% humidity. Thankfully we had 0% chance of rain. I left the umbrella in the car.

With all the rain South Central Texas has been having the past couple of months, flowers are re-blooming, the grasses are growing out of control, and the cypress trees seem to have grown 10' over the summer.

Things change all the time along the trail. Today there was a new trail with no directional sign. We took it because we didn't have the instructions with us and weren't sure which fork in the trail to take. We hadn't gone too far when I said to Susan, "I think this is a new trail. It doesn't look familiar and look how new the concrete is." We turned around, went back to the junction and took the other trail.

As we were on the path headed toward the Blue Star Arts Complex we saw two parks workers in a golf cart and asked to make sure we were going the right way. They said we were. We let them know they needed to put a directional sign at the junction with the new trail. [Note: When we returned, there was an orange barrel with a "Trail Closed' sign in the middle of the new trail.]

At Blue Star Arts Complex, we lamented the fact that Stella Public House wasn't open for us to get pizza. They don't open until 11 or 11:30. We were there at 8 a.m.

On the return trip, we saw a snake (water moccasin or copperhead) completely underwater. It looked like it was hunting minnows. Silly me, I forgot to take a photo of it. It wasn't a huge snake, kind of medium sized. It had a triangular-shaped head and was patterned in brown and orange.

One of San Antonio's landmarks, The Lone Star Brewery property, is being developed into offices, retail, and apartments and condominiums. The old smokestack looked great in the morning sun.
Lone Star Brewery smokestack
We almost walked past this yellow-crowned night heron...

Yellow-crowned night heron
For part of our return trip, we had a nice breeze which perked us up.

After the walk, I showered and then went to my massage appointment. I had a 60-minute massage with a different massage therapist at the place I normally go. He was wonderful. I really liked his therapeutic massage. I will be making my appointments with him from now  on.

After the massage, I worked extra hours at the RV park. I have a project of making SDS (Safety Data Sheet) binders for the office, chemical storage, pool chemicals, maintenance shop chemicals and Rec Hall kitchen cleaners. I wrote the lists today. Tomorrow I will research and print the Safety Data Sheets and put them into binders for each area, along with an SDS Master Log Book for the office. I worked 2-1/2 hours in the afternoon.

Then it was time to go home and relax. All for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.