The Escapees CARE (Continuing Assistance for Retired Escapees) Center is a place where Escapees members can go to rest, to recover, to recuperate. There is a monthly charge for staying there, but you would be in your own RV. Example, if you have surgery with an extended recuperation time, you can rent an RV site in Livingston, Texas at the CARE residency program and move in with your RV. The residency program includes:
- Well-maintained, full-hookup, 50-amp sites with propane and tank assistance
- Three meals, snacks and beverages in the dining hall daily, supervised by a dietitian
- Two loads of laundry washed and folded weekly
- Light housekeeping in your RV
- Help with haircuts and other personal needs
- Monthly outings to plays, concerts, parks, movies, restaurants, etc.
- Free transportation for local medical appointments, shopping and banking
- Transportation (for a small fee) to major hospitals in Houston, including the VA hospital.
We headed out on the road around 9:30 a.m. after we finished breakfast. Today we traveled to San Antonio. On the way, we stopped at Blue Beacon Truck Wash to have Rigamarole and The Beast washed and waxed. Our wait at the truck wash was about an hour, but after 6,800 miles our vehicles needed a spa treatment.
By 4:00 p.m., we pulled into our site in San Antonio and breathed a sigh of relief. We made it home safe and sound.
It was quite a trip:
10 state capitals
Reconnecting with aunts and uncles
Now we can relax in one spot until our next vacation. Fun to travel and see new places, but nice to be home.
Travel Bug out.