Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Number Patterns - Tues., July 19, 2016


When my mom, sister and I went on mom's 80th birthday trip in 2010, we kept noticing patterns with the #1 every day. We'd notice it was 11:11 a.m. or our hotel room was #11. I don't know how many times we saw the #1 in different configurations on our vacation.

So today, I looked at how many blogs I've written. In fact, the number jumped off the page and into my brain. Today I have written 1,111 blogs. This short blog makes 1,112.

You have to wonder why did we start noticing this pattern in the first place. Did it have any special meaning? Once we did start noticing it, was it truly random that we kept seeing the number 1, or did it just become more noticeable because we talked about it.

To this day, I can look at a clock and it will be 1:11 p.m., or I'll notice my odometer when it has a lot of 1's in a row. It all started with our vacation.

It's 11:11 p.m., so I think I'll say good night. Do you have any meaningful number patterns in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.