Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 2 @ Amazon -- Wed., Nov. 3, 2011

Fernley, NV
OK, we're officially blue collar workers, punching the clock and busting our butts to make numbers. We are in the "receiving" department working next to a conveyor belt which means we check in incoming products. About two or three times a day, our trainer comes over and gives the percentage we are making toward goal.

Yesterday my percentages sucked at 56% in the morning, dropping to 48% in the afternoon. It was our first day. Today, however, my morning score was 88%; afternoon, I had two scores: 1) 90% and 2) 97%. Woo hoo. I hope I improve that much again tomorrow. Then I'll be at 125% or so. LOL.

Morning temperature was 20 degrees; afternoon temp 52 degrees with strong, dusty, gusty winds.

We came straight home from work and rested. We're not walking 10-12 miles per day, but we're definitely moving products around and moving our bodies...on our feet all day!

Later this evening...the gusty winds picked up and we had up to 45-55 mph gusts. Bob went out to put away all loose objects so they wouldn't cause damage by flying anywhere.

Sunday we plan to drive to Great Basin National Park in northeastern Nevada. We're keeping an eye on the weather. Right now forecast is for 60% chance of snow, high temp around 39, low temp around 11. Lehman Caves tour is on our agenda which we can do whether its sunny, snowy or rainy. We plan to drive my Escape and stay in a motel...not taking the 5er out in snow or ice.

No other news today. Travel Bug out.

3 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog. Interested in reading about your job at Amazon. Just curious if you have to have a high school diploma to work there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bev & Dale,
    Yes, you have to have a high school and/or college diploma or transcript to work at amazon.com in Fernly, NV. I had lost mine in the process of moving, so had to contact my high school to send a copy of my transcript.

    After we unpacked our shipping container, I found my diploma...wouldn't you know?

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I have mine but my husband quit his senior year 39 years ago. He has had 2 jobs since then. He has worked for the same company close to 37 years. I guess he wouldn't be able to work there.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.