Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Thursday, January 31, 2013

For Your Mind and Spirit -- Thurs., Jan. 31

In the past week I have seen awesome quotes. Here are a few for you to ponder:
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose."
~Dr. Seuss 
 Or, said in a different way:
"Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period."  ~Brenda Slavin, Life Coach and creator of Elements of Your Life. She writes the Positive Outlooks Blog.

"I shall live badly if I do not write, and I shall write badly if I do not live." ~Francoise Sagan, playwright and novelist (1935-2004)
 "You are searching the world for treasures, but the real treasure is yourself." ~Rumi
 "I Choose...
to live by choice, not by chance;
to make changes, not excuses;
to be motivated, not manipulated;
to be useful, not used; 
to excel, not compete;
I choose self-esteem, not self pity.
I choose to listen to my inner voice,
not the random opinion of others."
~Author unknown
"When I was young I was scared of the dark. Now when I see my electricity bill I am scared of the lights." ~Anonymous
"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding about ourselves." ~Carl Jung
"I suffer from ADCD. Attention Deficit Cleaning Disorder. It's where you start to clean one thing, but get distracted by other things that need to be cleaned, which causes you to bounce around to different jobs only to end up doing a lot of work with nothing to show for it." ~Copyright 2013 by comicstripmama.com (TM)
"At any moment, you have a choice, that either leads you closer to your spirit or further away from it." ~Thich Nhat Hahn
"Society is like a lawn, where every roughness is smoothed, every bramble eradicated, and where the eye is delighted by the smiling verdure of a velvet surface; he, however, who would study nature in its wildness and variety, must plunge into the forest, must explore the glen, must stem the torrent, and dare the precipice." ~Washington Irving, writer (1783-1859)

"The sense of wishing to be known only for what one really is is like putting on an old, easy, comfortable garment. You are no longer afraid of anybody or anything. You say to yourself, 'Here I am --- just so ugly, dull, poor, beautiful, rich, interesting, amusing, ridiculous -- take me or leave me.' And how absolutely beautiful it is to be doing only what lies within your own capabilities and is part of your own nature. It is like a great burden rolled off a man's back when he comes to want to appear nothing that he is not, to take out of life only what is truly his own."~David Grayson, journalist and author (1870-1946)
Thoughts worth thinking about, for sure.

A few more places to visit in San Antonio came to mind after yesterday's blog. I want to see the Spanish Governor's Mansion, tour the SAS Shoe Factory (thanks, Colleen, for the suggestion), and go up in the Tower of the Americas. (I'm saving the last one for celebrating my mom's birthday in March. We're going to eat at the revolving restaurant on top!)

And since today is such a glorious day here in Texas, I went out and snapped a few photos. Temperature at 3:30 p.m. is 62 degrees.

A beautiful Texas sky today.



Your welcoming committee at Travelers World RV.
"Yes, sir!"
The back of our Holiday Rambler Presidential.
Side view.
Our view out the back window. We can keep an eye on the park. LOL.
What a day!
A Walmart purchase yesterday. Welcome to all who enter here.
A charming gentleman even snapped a photo of me.


I'm all dressed up for a date with Bob tonight. It's a mystery where he's taking me. Oooh, you have a blog to look forward to with a full report on our night out.

Colorful flag at the entrance to the RV park.
If you look carefully in the photo above, you can see the retreating figure of the man who took my photo. He's headed off to walk on the Riverwalk bike/walk path which has an entrance just outside our RV park. Very convenient.

The RV park office always knows when we receive a package from my mom. It's the one with calligraphy. Thanks, Mom!


Well, it's almost time for me to head out for our date. Nothing like a little mystery to make a good day even better!

Travel Bug outta here.

5 comments:

  1. Some really great quotes. Loved the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There certainly are some great quotes out there. I read them once and want to remember but alas, never can when they apply. Maybe I'll save some of yours for a rainy quote day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love surprises! Looking forward to hearing about your mystery date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos captured the beautiful sky. A local weatherman called the cloud formations "mares' tails". Since you incorporated the photos with your daily blog, maybe they should be "mares' tales"! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fridge Material, for sure. Thanks
    Box Canyon

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.