Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Monday, September 16, 2013

A Few Busy Days - Mon., Sept. 16

Has it really been a WEEK since I last wrote? I guess that's what happens when your days are filled with work.

Last Monday I was scheduled for a Pap smear because it has been a few years since my last one. Appointment was at 10:30 a.m. I was scheduled to go to work at my temporary job at noon. Waiting room: like a holding cell. The waiting room TV was set to inane judge shows and the waiting room full of people were being babysat by the idiot box.

At 11:30 a.m., I tapped on the reception office window and asked when I could expect to have my exam as I was supposed to be at work by noon, but that my temporary job was a half-hour drive away. That lit a fire and they had me in an exam room in a couple of minutes and said they would rush to get to me. I put on the exam gown and waited, and waited, and waited. At noon, I got dressed, walked out to the receptionist. I told her I had to go to work, that I was losing income sitting in their office waiting. I told them I would call back to reschedule.

Monday afternoon and all day Tuesday, Snelling placed me back at the insurance agency as receptionist and office assistant.

Wednesday I had a 10:30 a.m. appointment at the same doctor's office to go over previously done lab work; at 11:30 I was scheduled for an echocardiogram. Once again, the waiting room was wall-to-wall people with folding chairs set up in the middle of the room to hold everyone. The TV again had a "judge"-type show: more soap opera than legal procedural.

At 11:40 a.m., I was called back for the echocardiogram, pretty close to on schedule. After the echocardiogram, it was another ten minutes or so before the doctor came in to talk to me about previous lab results. Apparently I have a kidney stone. So far it has not bothered me. All I can do is monitor the situation.

Thursday through Saturday, I worked in the RV park office. Friday night Bob took me to Random event center because the food truck du jour had crepes. I love crepes. For dinner, I had a chicken enchilada crepe and a side salad. Later for dessert, Bob, Randall and I shared a peach cobbler crepe. The chicken enchilada crepe was the best.

Beers on tap at Random.
Live music.

Business picks up at the bar.
On Sunday, we Volksmarched 11K (6.8 mile) on Riverwalk South.  Here are the morning's photos:


Stairs inviting exploration.
San Fernando Cathedral at Main Plaza in San Antonio.
Beginning of 8:30 a.m. Mass.
Entrance procession.
Mass entrance processional.
Crepe myrtle roots
King William District historic home.
King William District.
Lion down on the job - King William District
What kind of flower is this?
Entrance to La Villita Village from the Riverwalk.
My kind of food truck!
Amaryllis??
Water lily flower.
Zachary Flag Plaza - Institute of Texan Cultures.
Weeds of some kind??
One of these is not like the others.
Waterfall whirlpool.
Waterfalls - base of Tower of the Americas, San Antonio
Entry to Hyatt Regency Riverwalk.
Progress on Tobin Center for the Performing Arts.
More pretty flowers...these are on a tree.
River taxi on the San Antonio River.
So that was last week.

This week I am working Monday and Tuesday at the insurance office. Wednesday I have my re-scheduled Pap smear.

Thursday and Friday I work at the RV park office. Saturday early morning I fly to Portland to spend ten days with family and friends. If you are in Portland and would like to meet up, let me know.

Bob is doing well. He is back at MPS Construction as the oilfield service start-up company he worked for didn't last long. MPS is where Bob is much happier working. He will hold down the fort while I'm away.

In Oregon, my family and I have plans to go to Hood River and do the Fruit Loop Tour through the apple and pear orchards. They should be in season right about now. Cold, fresh apple cider anyone? Mmmm. I'm sure we'll find time for a day at the coast. I want to take mom and my sister to The Oregon Garden and maybe the Oktoberfest in Mt. Angel.

Good times ahead! Yay for more travel.

Thank you for reading. Have a great week.

I'll post more as I have time. Travel Bug out.

8 comments:

  1. Great pictures! hmm - chicken enchilada crepe. Have to take your word on that one. We've been to Paris and had crepes and chicken enchiladas in Santa Fe…

    We love San Antonio - the Riverwalk and the missions in the area. And Volksmarches! Those are fun too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chicken enchilada crepes really were yummy. It sounds weird because crepes are French and enchiladas are Spanish. It's a mixed metaphor that tastes good in the mouth!

      We love San Antonio too. It's a good thing because this is where we'll be working 'til we pay off debt; then we'll be "on the road again."

      Delete
  2. San Antonio is such a great place. Super photo's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. An, yes, San Antonio is a great place. It's amazing to me how many people check into the RV park for 1-2 days and usually end up adding another 2-3 days onto their stay. It's great when you're full-timing and can choose how long to spend in each area.

      Delete
  3. Loved the pictures. King William District is one of my favorite areas besides the Riverwalk, that is.

    How exasperating about the wait at the doctor's office. Medical care is becoming more and more of a circus and not in a fun way. Hope the kidney stone passes without any bother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. King William District has so many historic homes. Every time we go I see something different.

      Delete
  4. We hope you enjoyed your trip, and had a chance to make it to the Garden and Oktoberfest. Would love to see some photos if you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We plan to go to The Oregon Garden on Friday, Sept. 27. I'm taking my mom, son, and sister. When we lived in Aurora the garden was just being built. It will be fun to see it now that it has had a few years to grow in.

      You can bet I'll post photos here on my blog.

      Since Oktoberfest is over in Mt. Angel, we plan to go to the Oaks Park Oktoberfest.

      Delete

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.