Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

M & M & M & M & M Equals Mmmmm - Tuesday, Dec. 23, 2014

If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you know that Bob and I "kidnap" each other. That's when one of us writes "kidnap" on the calendar and the other one has no idea what is going to happen that day.

On Tuesday, "kidnap" was written on the calendar. Bob told me I needed to be available on Tuesday after noon. He explained it was an M & M kidnap. OK, I'll bite.

He got off work early and picked me up at the 5th wheel about 11:30 am. Our first "M" was a movie: "Wild." The second and third "Ms" were M&Ms to eat in the movie. I made up the fourth "M" when he asked where I wanted to go for lunch after the movie. I told him Marie Callendar's (I wanted to stay in the spirit of things). And our fifth "M" was an 85-minute massage. Doesn't that spell Mmmmm to you?

What a wonderful husband. As Bob says, he earned lots of good husband points today! What more could a girl ask for? Oh wait, don't ask that. {{{blushes}}}

Both of us had read the book "Wild," by Cheryl Strayed. In the book she recounts life experiences that led to her hiking a large portion of the Pacific Crest Trail. She is by no means a saint, but is brutally honest in what she went through. Reese Witherspoon portrays Cheryl. The movie is very well done. Both of us enjoyed it, although I did have trouble hearing parts of the dialogue. I guess that's part of my hearing impairment. Bob said he could hear it just fine. We ate the M&Ms after our popcorn.

At Marie Callendar's I had the Pie Trio: Chicken pot pie, salad and cherry pie for dessert. Bob opted for the tuna melt.

Our massage appointments were at 4:30 p.m. at the nearby massage school: Milan Institute Student Spa. (I guess that's another "M.") Ahhh, what a great treat. I was staying awake pretty well until she used hot towels on my feet. Soon thereafter I caught myself snoring. Felt good to be so relaxed. It's hard to believe 85 minutes goes by so fast!

Thank you, Bob, for my early Christmas present. You are the best gift giver and you know I love experiences more than things. I love you.

Travel Bug out.



7 comments:

  1. I saw Wild too. Thought it stayed pretty close to the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "kidnap" days are like our night out. I think it is so important for married couples to have special nights/days together. We have one date night a week. We just decide that a certain night each week will be a night when we get out of the 5th wheel and go out somewhere together. I dress differently than I do on regular days, and we go out and have drinks, play pool or whatever. It is so much fun and adds something special to our relationship.

    Wild is a book on my must-read list. Looks like a great movie also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think it's important too. I like the once a week idea. Our kidnaps might be once or twice a month.

      Glad you're going to read Wild. It goes into a bit more depth and more stories of the trail than the movie has.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back to the blog world. We've missed you. FYI, United Artist theaters have a cool device for those needing a little help in the hearing department. They have closed caption glasses. They look a bit dorky but then who is looking at the wearer in a dark movie theater. Here is the best part. They work very well. Next time you go to a movie, be sure to ask if they have closed caption glasses. They fit over your glasses and are worth ask for. In fact, I will not go to a theater that does not have them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip on the closed caption glasses. I will have to remember to ask for them.

      Delete

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.