Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Baker's Dozen - Monday, July 13, 2015

I belong to the Randolph Roadrunner's Volkssmarch Club. In addition to earning credit (badges and pins) for my regular distance and event Volksmarch books, I am also working on my 50 states book, 51 state capitals book, and my Baker's Dozen book.

You may remember in 2013 I completed the Volksmarch Centurion book, 100 walks in one year. The Baker's Dozen book means I have to walk the 13 Randolph-Roadrunner-  sponsored walks in and around San Antonio. (The Randolph Roadrunner's are celebrating the 35th anniversary of the club.) Once those are completed and I turn in my stamped book, I have the option of choosing either a Baker's Dozen pin or patch.

Today, I finished my 13th walk. I chose the pin because I collect pins. The AVA (American Volkssport Association) pins at the top of the pin tree (that Louise, my mother-in-law made for me, are event pins. The pins in the fourth section of the tree are my distance pins. I am currently working on my 3,500k pin and my 350 events pin. I have been Volksmarching for 19 years.

Volksmarch pins
 The 13 walks are:
  1. Junction, Texas
  2. Boerne - Town
  3. Boerne Cemetery
  4. Boerne Nature Center
  5. Friedrich Wilderness Park
  6. Crownridge Natural Area
  7. Leon Creek Greenbelt
  8. DeZavala Neighborhood
  9. Broadway Neighborhood
  10. Old Schertz
  11. Schertz-Cibolo
  12. Palmetto State Park
  13. Gonzales, Texas
My favorite walk of the 13 is Palmetto State Park; however, many of the trails in the park were washed out during the flooding from Memorial Day weekend this year. It's a good thing we did the walk in February!

Baker's Dozen was a lot easier than doing the Centurion Challenge in 2013! My friend, Susan, is doing the Centurion Challenge this year and she has over 90 walks already. Good job, Susan!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.