Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Monday, August 24, 2015

A Shady Walk is a Good Walk - Sunday, August 23, 2015

This morning Susan and I met at Leon Creek Greenway trailhead for our 10k walk in the shade. Once again, San Antonio is hot, still, and humid at 7 am.

As we drove into the parking for the trailhead, a herd of about eight deer popped out from behind a berm next to Walmart and headed along the access road to the trail. One fawn leapt right in front of Susan's car...I saw it in my rear-view mirror. We were going slow enough that the deer weren't a problem. In fact, they're very graceful to watch.

Today was a good wildlife watching day. In addition to the herd of deer we saw driving in, we spotted another deer across the dry creek bed heading up the bank, and we saw three bunnies.

Snow-on-the-mountain (Euphorbia marginata)
Western Horse-Nettle
Bunny camouflage
Even though the trail was shaded most of the way, the humidity was brutal. There was only a small breeze for a couple of minutes toward the end of our 6.2 mile walk. We were happy for any breeze at all.

While we were doing our walk, Bob was out on another part of Leon Creek Greenbelt doing a marathon training run. He finished up a little after we did. Earlier we thought we'd all go to breakfast, but after talking to Bob by phone at the end of his run, we all decided to head for home shower. Bob watched part of the Dodger game. I took a nap.

For a late lunch, we went to 54th Street Grill and Bar. Both of us ate salads.

Back at the 5th wheel, after 60 Minutes, we watched HGTV's Beachfront Bargain Hunt. Then I fell asleep in the recliner for a couple of hours. Of course, now it's 2 a.m. and I'm wide awake. Even the cats beat me to bed!

Speaking of cats, here are a few photos I've been meaning to post...

We can both share this chair!
Ahh, warm, folded laundry: mine, all mine.
Bowie slept on the warm, clean laundry for hours.
Photogenic Sunnie getting his portrait taken
Monday, I've got a long list of chores. I better try to get some sleep!

Travel Bug out.

4 comments:

  1. That Snow on the Mountain is sooooo beautiful! (And hey, I would totally sleep on warm folded laundry if I could fit in the darned basket!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cathy,
      That warm laundry "belongs" to Bowie every time we bring back the basket from the laundry room.

      The Snow on the Mountain flower is so unique. I had never seen it before in my life, not even with all the walking we've been doing in San Antonio the past three years. I guess the plant is poisonous, so not making tea out of it. LOL.

      Delete

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.