Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Saturday, August 8, 2015

All Revved Up - Sunday and Monday, August 2 and 3, 2015

Sunday, August 2: 
Bob was up before dawn to run at 6 a.m. with the San Antonio Road Runners* (the team he trains with for the San Antonio Rock 'n' Roll Marathon in December). While he was running, walking and sweating in the early morning heat and humidity, I was sleeping in in our air-conditioned 5th wheel. Any morning I can sleep in thrills me to no end!

By the time I got up and showered, Bob had already come home after his run and showered. I think I finally got up at 11 a.m. For breakfast, I made pumpkin-blueberry pancakes topped with cinnamon applesauce and two fried eggs. It was so delicious.

Movie review: After "breakfast" we went to the movies. "Mission Impossible: Rouge Nation" looked so good from the previews we couldn't wait to see it. We were not disappointed. Action, chase scenes, stunts galore (not to be confused with Pussy Galore of Bond movies), humor, twisty plot, great acting - this movie has it all. Don't blink, you might miss something.

Bob read one reviewer who said (and I'm paraphrasing here): This is what the Fast and Furious movies aspire to be and what James Bond movies used to be. Bob gives it four stars and I give it five. Bob prefaced his star rating saying, "I'm not as much of a fan as you are."


Monday, August 3:
The morning started out calm enough. I met Susan at a McDonald's to sign in for our Volksmarch. We're doing 10k (6.2 miles) along Leon Creek Greenway at the Mainland Trailhead. Our decision was to start at 8:30 a.m. in the hopes rush-hour traffic would have abated. But we were wrong on that count. Earlier traffic accidents delayed Susan, and I heard about a wreck on my route, so I took different freeways and arrived on time.

The walk was flat and shady which is very nice on a 90-degree morning. No unusual animal or bird sightings, but the cicadas were obnoxiously loud and screechy.

Leon Creek Greenway
Leon Creek Greenway
After our walk, Susan headed home and I, feeling adrenalized by "Rouge Nation" yesterday, decided to see "Furious Seven" at the cheap theater today. Wow, another exciting, stunt-filled movie. The plot was pretty much like every other Fast & Furious movie in the franchise. It was very exciting and paid tribute to Paul Walker, who died last year in a high-speed crash. I rate this one 3-1/2 stars.

So, I have been revved up by the high-energy movies over the past two days.

That's all I've got for today.

*Not to be confused with the Randolph Roadrunners, which is the local Volksmarch club I belong to.

2 comments:

  1. Leon Creek Greenway looks so lovely even in 90 degree weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like walking it because of the SHADE. Shaded walks are the only kind to do in the summer heat; either that or walk in complete darkness which we won't be doing anytime soon.

      Delete

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.