Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Friday, June 17, 2016

Money Monster Movie - Tues., June 14, 2016

Tuesday was a relaxing day. We made egg salad lettuce wraps for lunch, then decided to see "Money Monster" in the early afternoon.

In this movie, George Clooney plays a TV investment advisor and gives his top picks for people to invest their money. He's cheesy and uses a lot of frippery in his show. Julia Roberts plays his TV production manager, coaching him through his earpiece about what to do or what's happening behind the scenes.

On this particular day, Julia Roberts sees what looks like a delivery man skulking in the shadows in the back of the set. She tries to see who he is and what he wants, when all of a sudden, he comes on set and pulls a gun on George Clooney, who apparently had given investment advice that this guy followed, only to lose $60,000.

Now the assailant wants his money back and he wants to be live on the air until his demands are met. He tells George Clooney to pick out one of the boxes that he had put on the floor of the set. George opens it and finds an explosive vest, which crazy guy orders him to put on, continuing to wave the gun around, and firing random shots into the ceiling.

Meanwhile, Julia Roberts, is on her headset ordering all the TV station employees out of the building, except the people who have live cameras trained on this lunatic who is now demanding $8 million. What follows is a very edge-of-your-seat thriller. Both mom and I enjoyed it very much. We recommend it to you too.

Later, at home, my sister came over and we planned to meet our friend, Kimmie, and have dinner at a vegetarian restaurant. We waiting at the house, because we thought Kimmie was going to meet us and we'd all drive to the restaurant together. About 5 p.m., Mom received a phone call from Kimmie asking us where we were, because we were supposed to meet her at the restaurant. Oops. We hurriedly got our purses and headed over to meet her.

The restaurant was in Bridgeport Village and was called Native Foods Cafe. I tried the Thai Meatballs which are made with seitan. I had no idea what seitan was, but my meal was excellent: Thai (seitan) meatballs served with warm kale and quinoa with a great spicy Thai sauce. I also had some sweet potato fries. My meal was filling; I couldn't finish it all. Tonight I finally looked up seitan to see what I had eaten. Seitan is also called "wheat meat," "wheat protein," "wheat gluten," or simply "gluten." If I had known that I probably would have ordered something else because Bob and I really trying to stay away from gluten. At least it was a very good dish and I enjoyed it.
Thai meatballs with kale, broccoli,
red peppers and quinoa
Mom, me, Kimmie and Jan
Orange coneflowers (Rudbeckia)
Another nice day today and no rain to speak of.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.