Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Friday, November 20, 2020

Birthday Love - Friday, November 20, 2020

This morning, I exited home to a very pretty, watercolor-paintbrush-stroke sky. 

Since we returned from our Florida trip on Wednesday, Bob and I have been busy unpacking the 5th wheel for 1-1/2 days. Once our stuff is out, I do a thorough cleaning of the 5th wheel so it is ready to go for our next trip. (In this case, in 10 days!) 

Bob is back to work with his clients and today is the day I need to run errands. After we put the 5th wheel in storage, I took off at 10:00 a.m. to Walmart, Costco, the gas station, and the liquor store. When I finished all my running around, it was 2:00 p.m. I went home exhausted and took a two-hour nap. We're going out to dinner at P.F. Chang's for my birthday and I want to be rested.

Dinner was wonderful and I got a free dessert. Molten lava cake! Mmm.

Molten Lava Cake for
dessert at P.F. Chang's.

Bob had more plans for us. First, we had to give Sunnie his insulin, and then we could spend as long as we liked doing whatever he had planned. On my birthday card envelope there was a hint, something about "playing a round." We always try to guess what the surprise will be. I said, "Well, the only thing I can think of is golf. Are we going to play miniature golf?"

I guessed right, but we were going to play indoor neon miniature golf at Cosmic Mayhem in San Antonio. When we arrived, there was only one other couple playing mini-golf. We got our drinks at the bar and took them with us while we played golf. It was really fun. After my initial hole, where it took seven hits to make it in, I did so much better! We had a great time.

After mini-golf, we played old-fashioned arcade games like Qbert, Tetris, and a classic car-chase machine where you sit in the driver's seat. I loved the car chase game! What a hoot. Most of the arcade games were free, some were a quarter. 

It was a wonderful birthday celebration with my love. Thank you, honey!

2 comments:

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.