Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Saturday, October 22, 2011

And so it begins...Saturday, October 22, 2011

King City, Oregon--"Our" home in Hawaii is no longer ours. I finished all the final housecleaning Thursday night and we moved out. We spent Thursday night at Best Western Plaza Hotel at the Honolulu airport. Bob worked at Beachside Roofing Friday morning and by afternoon we were airborne to Portland.

My son, Michael, picked us up at the Portland airport at 11:00 p.m. Now it is 2:05 a.m. Pacific time, but my body thinks it's 11:05 p.m. Hawaii time. I'm such a night owl!

Today at 11:00 a.m. we go to Camping World to pick up our trailer and get orientation on how everything works. We should record the info. I don't know if we can remember everything or take enough notes. We've never had an RV before and we're going somewhere really cold where the water and sewer lines freeze in winter. What have we gotten ourselves into?

Luckily, we're both adventurer types and hopefully we'll get this all figured out quickly. I'm still worried that all the stuff we brought to put into the trailer isn't going to fit or we won't balance the load correctly.  We'll find out Monday when we unpack our cargo container that shipped from Hawaii.

Still so much to do: pick up my Escape from the dock in Seattle, get oil change, go to DEQ and DMV, then register my car in Oregon, unload container, put stuff in storage unit or trailer or give to family, practice driving truck pulling trailer, visit friends, finish setting up our UPS Store mailbox and mail forwarding service, talk to our insurance agent to make sure all our vehicles are covered, weigh truck/trailer with all belongings to make sure we're not overloaded, open bank account in Oregon, and I'm sure there's chores I'm forgetting.

Tonight, my family is getting together for dinner at Country Buffet Restaurant. My brother, sister-in-law, sister, mom and son will be there.

Good night and wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.