Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cleaning, Outback and Real Steel - Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2011

Window washing today...don't know how many of you know, but in a former marriage my husband and I were professional window washers. I got about half the windows of our house done inside and outside, plus I power washed all the screens. On our back, heavy-duty security screen, I had to get out the red dirt. I mixed Simple Green with water, got a stiff brush, hosed off the screen, then scrubbed it with the brush which had been dipped in Simple Green solution. The screen is back to being white...almost looks new.

As soon as I got done with the windows and screens, a downpour started. Rain was coming off our roof like a waterfall, splashing up on my nice clean windows. Arggggh! All I have to do is get my car washed or wash the windows and BOOM, rain! I may have to re-wash some windows tomorrow and hope it doesn't rain again.


This evening, I had a wonderful time. The ladies I worked with at Beachside Roofing invited me to Outback Steakhouse for dinner, then to go see Real Steel. What a wonderful time. These are some classy ladies. I got an orchid lei and a gift of a koa wood clock with honu (sea turtles) on it for our tripMy co-worker, who had shared an office with me, gave me a pillow she made with pictures of Bob and I and our three kitties on it. What a sweet gift. We will put it on our couch in the 5th wheel. 



After dinner we went to see Real Steel. All of us thoroughly enjoyed it. Who would have thought four women would enjoy a movie about fighting robots?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.