Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Monday, April 1, 2013

Adult -- Mon,. April 1

Today starts the A-to-Z Blogging Challenge. This is my second year. It's a good mental workout.

Adults with a playful streak.
Adult...what does it mean? Becoming an adult means taking responsibility for yourself, growing out of childhood, making decisions independent of your parents/siblings/peers.

Being an adult implies you have a level of maturity, not only in your physical body, but also in your moral and spiritual being. In most societies, age can determine your entry into legal adulthood, i.e., voting rights, driving, marriage.

You have more choices than a youth or child; choices which can be good or bad, choices that can test your mettle. What are you made of?

A few "A" words I choose for myself:
Adventurer
Active
Accountable
Aspirer
Aging
Affable
Alive
Affectionate
Awake
Able
Author (of blog)
Admirer (of husband, mother, nature, cats)
Arch (playfully roguish or mischievous; crafty, sly, cunning)
Amorous

To me, being an adult does not negate the following child-like qualities: spontaneity, play, being silly, wide-eyed wonder, hope, or an ever-questioning mind.

How do you describe yourself as an adult?


15 comments:

  1. I'm an adult?! *gasp* I would describe myself is a free spirited adult I guess. Responsible though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read about this challenge on another blog and had to make note for next year....what fun!
    Save Cozy for Wednesday :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun, but also a challenge.

      I'll save Cozy for you for next year! ; p

      Delete
  3. Good list. I would add Alive and Aware. Once you get through the 'clutter' of growing up (and does that ever stop?), you can be yourself more. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GMTA (Great minds think alike). Alive is on the list. And aware is excellent as well.

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed this post ... would that I could participate in challenges like this ... maybe when we're settled somewhere for longer periods of time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a fun challenge. Sometimes being an adult can be a royal pain - but I guess ti has its privileges too. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was a serious kid but I am a ditsy adult. Don't know what that says about my maturity but I am a happier adult than I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry your childhood wasn't happier, but glad adulthood is happy.

      Thanks for dropping by.

      Susan
      Travelbug-susan.blogspot.com

      Delete
  7. Great "A" words.....I would add agreeable and appreciative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great start to the A to Z
    the photo is hilarious
    I bet you've a childlike impish part of you alrigh :)

    auntyamo
    http://ficticiousamo.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the photo could be titled "The Lollipop Kids."

      Delete
  9. Awesome post, another word for your list, not mine! Enjoyed as always. Glad your Mom & Sis got to visit. You can do more in a day! Like I said, awesome! Tom & Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.