Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Monday, February 3, 2014

Superbowl Sunday - Feb. 2

Such a nice Sunday. First off, we slept in which doesn't happen very often. We lallygagged and relaxed. But I had to get my booty in gear because I had a fruit tray to make for the Superbowl evening at Susan M.'s house.

I ventured out in the cold wind to H-E-B Grocery which, as anyone in Texas knows, is a hopping place on Superbowl Sunday and anytime before a major holiday. The parking lot was packed, but I was patient and snagged a parking spot three spaces from the entrance.

The store was packed with people! I grabbed the one bunch of bananas that was ripe enough to use in my fruit tray. As I was headed out of the fruit section (pun intended), there was a display of extremely tempting Bundt cakes in flavors like 7-Up Cake, Kool-Aid, Mud Pie, and Louisiana Crunch. Also saw chocolate-covered strawberries that would have looked gorgeous on my fruit tray, but they were pretty expensive. The Louisiana Crunch Cake jumped into my arms. Something about a moist orange-flavored cake with coconut and pecan sounded yummy.

Weaving my way through people heading to the checkout line, I found the line for 15 items or less that had five checkers. Within three minutes, I was through checkout. Nice.

At home, the fruit tray was assembled in no time. Here's the result:






We headed over to Susan's house at 4:30 p.m. She made pecan sticky buns, Caesar salad, mini corn dogs, chicken wings, and chocolate chip mint ice cream pie with Oreo cookie crust. Nice Superbowl feast!

Pecan sticky buns
Caesar salad, sticky buns, Louisiana crunch cake, fruit tray
Homemade chocolate chip ice cream pie
We piled our plates and sat down to watch the game. Now, I'm not much of a football fan, but the first play of the game sucked me in and I watched quite a bit of the Denver Bronco downfall. We are Seahawks fans having lived in the Northwest for over 30 years, but I must say Denver's "plays" were downright embarrassing. The Seahawks defense was impressive.

Not much of the book I brought to get me through the game was read because I watched most of it. Bob and Susan M. were astonished that Denver couldn't get it together.



We enjoyed our evening watching Superbowl and the commercials. Bob and I liked the Doritos commercial with the time machine.

When the game was over, we helped clean up, and headed home. I was amazed at the amount of traffic at 9:00 on a Sunday night.

Fun to spend time with our friend in a sticks and bricks house. Thank you, Susan M.

Travel Bug out.

1 comment:

  1. You gotta STOP showing all that good food! now I want sticky buns.....

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.