Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Monday, May 18, 2015

Cibolo Nature Center Volksmarch - Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Catching up on blogs...this happened over a month ago.

For three Tuesdays in a row, the Randolph Roadrunners Volksmarch Club held three different walks in Boerne, Texas. I met my friend, Susan, and we headed out a little earlier than the rest of the group because I had an appointment to get to on the other side of town when we finished.

The weather was pleasant and off we went. The rails to trails path was under construction for most of its length. We walked on the grass to the side of it. When we got to a big intersection, it too was under construction. We felt like we were taking our lives in our hands to get across it.

Once we made it past the intersection and into Cibolo Nature Park, all construction was forgotten until our return trip. Wildflowers, birds, fields, creek and wetland welcomed us.


Bluebonnets and pink evening primroses
Nature trail to the creek
Great egret in the creek
Eastern bluebird on a nesting box
Beautiful thistle bloom
Susan on boardwalk through the wetlands
Young cypress trees
Spiderwort

Sign for "Tree of Life Arboretum"
Pink evening primroses
Spiderwort
When we finished our Volksmarch, we went from flowers to flours at Taco Cabana where we had lunch. I like the sign on their wall...


As I was driving back to San Antonio, there was a tie-up on I-10 due to miles of road construction. I was able to get some awesome photos of wildflowers along the freeway median.








I made it to my appointment on time.

Travel Bug out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.