Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Princess for 24 Hours - Sunday, May 10, 2015

On Saturday afternoon while I was working, Bob brought in a fruit cup from the Fruteria down the road. The cup had pineapple, mango, strawberries, canteloupe, watermelon, coconut, and cucumber. It was so good. I shared it at work and brought the rest home.

$6 fruit cup in a huge Styrofoam cup
For the rest of my 24-hour princess treatment, Bob told me I needed to be ready to go at 6:00 pm. (I get off work around 5:45 pm.) After going home and changing clothes, we headed out. He took me to Massage Envy for a one-hour massage. It was wonderful. I had the massage therapist work on my neck and shoulders where I hold most of my stress. She found and worked on lots of knots.

After the massage, we went to dinner at Magic Time Machine, a funky restaurant with waiters and waitresses dressed as fictional characters. Our waitress was a fairy. Bob sarcastically asked if she had pixie dust. Of course she did. She took out her vial and sprinkled it in Bob's hair. LOL. Other waiters and waitresses were dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow, Katniss Everdeen, one looked like a cross between Spiderman and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. They put the fun in funky.

Bob and Katniss
Bob gave me three beautiful cards, two for our silver anniversary and one for Mother's Day.

Sunday morning, I cooked pumpkin pancakes and fried eggs before we headed out for the day. First, he took me to the Farmer's Market at The Pearl. I had been wanting to check it out. We looked over all the booths, but didn't buy anything. From The Pearl, we went to The Quarry Marketplace where he took me shopping at Ann Taylor, Soma and Nordstrom Rack. I requested a stop at Walmart to buy jeans.

He also wanted to take me for a manicure, but the good salons were packed. I'll go when it's not so crowded.

After our shopping spree, he took me to La Madelaine for lunch, then to see the movie "The Longest Ride." Yes, I had seen "The Longest Ride," but I wanted him to see it too. It's such a romantic movie. He loved it.

We made it home in time to watch "60 Minutes."

Bob has always been such a romantic. I love him dearly. Even though we've been married 25 years, we have been together for 32 years. I hope we're together for 30 more!

I love you, Bob. Thank you so much for an awesome celebration of our anniversary and Mother's Day. You are wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet, sweet husband you have! Being spoiled by your sweetie is the best gift ever!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.