Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Car Spa Day - Tues., Sept. 22, 2015

Today I was up early, but not to walk. Whoa. There's a change. Instead, I took my Escape pod (Ford Escape) to Grande Ford in San Antonio for an oil change and check up. They told me to have it there at 7:45 am and they would crank it out first thing. Their technicians come in at 8:00 am.

As usual when I have to wait somewhere I bring articles and magazines to read. I had enough material to spend hours reading, but they were done in 45 minutes. Next stop The Wash Tub car wash.

For $50, I had my Escape pod washed inside and out, exterior waxed, all the vinyl dressed, and the tires shined. It looks so pretty now. Hopefully there's no rain in sight.

Nice clean Escape pod

On the way home, I shopped at WalMart. Back at the 5th wheel, I put away the groceries, cut up some veggies and put chicken breasts and veggies in the Crock Pot, did eight loads of laundry, washed dishes, then took off some old wallpaper accent strips that, after 11 years, had started to peel off the walls. Now I'm using CHOMP Wallpaper Stripper and a scraper to try to remove the sticky wallpaper paste, which helps some, but I've found if I use my thumb and roll the old paste, it forms long sticky strips that come off a lot cleaner than using the scraper. However, if I keep using that method, my thumb pads are going to be rubbed raw.

Tonight Bob is doing a marathon training run with Lisa, a friend in the RV park. Tomorrow, he has been called to jury duty.



Yesterday, Time Warner Cable installed a new DVR and modem for us. Now we can record shows and skip all the ads when we play them back. We are canceling our AT&T air card as the service in our area is horrible. The AT&T technician I talked to told me he would never use service in our area from AT&T because there is a gap in service. Now we can use either wireless or hard-wired internet and it works great. Don't know what we'll do for TV when we travel now unless the RV park has Time Warner Cable.

Last night, I ordered dinner to go from 54th St. Grill and Bar. I call ahead, place our order, and by the time I get there, it's ready to pick up. It's a good thing I checked our order last night. We ordered two salads. In our bag were two Styrofoam containers with soups and a sandwich in them. She had brought me the right receipt, but the wrong food. I sent the wrong order back in and she brought out the correct order.

54th Street Restaurant
54 Express to go
Tomorrow starts my four-day work week. Concerts and fun stuff coming up. Stay tuned.

Travel Bug out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.