A stunning wildflower meadow on our summit hike at Mt. Revelstoke, B.C. - Friday, August 2, 2024

A stunning wildflower meadow on our summit hike at Mt. Revelstoke, B.C. - Friday, August 2, 2024
A stunning wildflower meadow on our summit hike at Mt. Revelstoke, B.C. - Friday, August 2, 2024

Sunday, January 30, 2022

Noom and Walking at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio - Sunday, January 30, 2022

I have been on Noom for a month and I have lost 12 lb. It's important for me to share this with all of you to hold myself accountable. Since losing 12 lb. in a month is pretty rapid weight loss, I have reached a plateau which is to be expected.

For those of you not familiar with Noom, let me try to describe it for you. Many years ago I was struggling with weight loss so I went to see a dietitian. She had a major in Nutrition and a minor in Psychology. She had a very good perspective on weight loss and helped me understand eating healthily. I lost quite a bit of weight, but it has been thirty years since I saw her and the weight crept back up over the years. 

Noom does not recommend any particular diet but instead teaches you about a healthy way to eat. It divides food into green, yellow, and red categories. Green consists of calorie-dense foods that contain a lot of water and fill you up, such as grapes, celery, lettuce, cucumber, you get the idea. Yellow are high-protein foods that should make up the majority of your diet, and red foods are sweets, fried foods, high-fat cheeses, etc.

But Noom doesn't only teach you about nutrition. It is life in general. Each day there are lessons you can do on your phone. You choose when you start Noom if you want to do 9-10 minutes of "class" or 10-12 minutes. You learn about drinking water, exercise, sleep, stress. You learn a lot about yourself and how you think about eating, what you can do about stress, the options for exercising, and so much more. It is really working for Bob and me. Yes, it does cost money. They have different plans available. No, they don't send you food. 

For my exercise, I am currently walking a lot; however, I want to get signed up for a gym. I believe I can join one for free with Medicare. One of my goals is to get that set up so I can build muscle and stamina. 

With that being said, my favorite place to walk is Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio. I walk four to five miles each time I go, ride thrill rides along the way, watch entertainment, and people watch. I am a happy lady!

Today, I did five miles at Six Flags. I rode the Goliath coaster twice, the Joker pendulum ride, Wonder Woman coaster, Superman coaster, Iron Rattler coaster, Hurricane Force 5 thrill ride, Scream drop tower, Sky Screamer swings, Poltergeist coaster, and went through the Houngan House of Voodoo (fun house). The lines were short to non-existent. The weather was sunny and 68 degrees. Perfect day at the park!

Six Flags is having their Mardi Gras celebration, so I watched Viva Carnivale in Texas State Square. They also call this show Party Gras. Singers/dancers perform a blend of Cajun and French Quarter jazz. They also did the "Cupid Shuffle" by Cupid, and "Uptown Funk You Up," by Bruno Mars. It was a lot of fun with clapping along and one group of spectators did the Cupid Shuffle line dance. Then just before I came home, I watched the Mardi Gras Parade.


Viva Carnivale at Six Flags Fiesta Texas.

Stilt walker interactions.

"Scream," the drop tower.

Poltergeist coaster (also
start of the parade route).

Scream drop tower.

Fiesta Boardwalk area of the park.

Batman coaster (didn't go on 
this one today).

The parade begins here.


Another stilt walker.

One of the floats.

They're throwing beads
from the floats.

Happy performer.


This float was three cars long.

After the Mardi Gras parade, I headed home to watch 60 Minutes. 

And then I wrote two blogs. Yay, a productive day! Tomorrow, housework. 





2 comments:

  1. Loved your comments on Noom. I learned stuff from them too. You are a brave woman. I'm so scared of all those rides. Great fun for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it was great fun at Six Flags.

      By the way, who is this? No I.D. given on your comment.

      Susan

      Delete

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.