Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Atlas Shrugged, Part 2 -- Sat., Oct. 13

This morning Bob went on a 16-mile walk in his quest to be ready for the Honolulu Marathon on Dec. 9. The trail he checked out today was the South Salado Creek Trail. He said there are a lot of parks along the trail.

When he got back we headed out to see "Atlas Shrugged, Part II." For those of you who don't know, Bob and I met through a personal ad in a Portland newspaper. His ad used characters from the novel. I was reading the novel for the second time when I saw and answered his ad.

While we enjoyed the two movies, they can't compare to the novel which is over 1,000 pages. If you haven't read the novel, you may pick up on what the movies are about, but you would understand it much better if you read the book. We also do not care for some of the actors portraying characters in the novel. Overall, I'd give it a C. It's like a shorthand or Reader's Digest version of the novel.

Other than that, it's been a quiet day.

Bob is watching Timberwolves basketball because the team has players and a coach who he used to enjoy watching in Oregon. Now he's watching them from our 5er in Texas.

On Tuesday, I have an appointment with a D.D.S. to talk about the plan for my teeth once the wires and bands come out. 

Short, compact blog today written by a tall, not compact blogger.

Travel Bug out.


2 comments:

  1. Eldy and I met through Yahoo personals... :-) Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your comments on our blog and how much we are enjoying YOUR blog! I'm a little slow about responding sometimes. We enjoy your sense of humor, too. Your strength in dealing with your injuries and recovery is quite something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeannie/Sparky,
      Seems like meeting through personal ads is a good way to meet. Bob and I have been together almost 30 years. He's wonderful and always looks out for our best interests.

      Thank you for the compliments on my blog. They mean a lot to me.

      Susan

      Delete

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.