Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Another Temp Job - Wed., Aug. 21

Snelling came through with another temp job for me as a receptionist for an insurance office. I worked 1/2 days Monday and today, plus a full day on Tuesday. One of their workers was out on medical leave.

Part of the time the phones were very busy. This is a nice, upscale office that has good business. The owner and other two female agents are great to work with. Besides answering phones, I did a small amount of filing and copying, and called clients to schedule visits with the owner to review their policies. It was a nice compliment today when the owner told me if she needs someone again, she will ask for me.

Movie review: Mirror, Mirror with Julia Roberts as the bad witch in a remake of Snow White is quite campy. It appealed to the eccentricities in me in a Princess Bride kind of way. (Though it certainly isn't as good as Princess Bride.) A better review will be forthcoming. There were major technical difficulties with the Netflix DVD. Almost the whole DVD was damaged, including the previews and most of the movie. I even ran my CD/DVD cleaner to make sure it wasn't our machine. I asked Netflix to send a replacement so I can watch the whole thing.

Other than that, it's been a quiet week. Tomorrow night we plan to use our last Groupon coupon for a San Antonio Missions baseball game.

Thank you for your suggestions on getting rid of ants. When I feel up to doing battle with them I will try out the do-it-yourself recipe from waggintailsRV. Must go get some borax. Oh, wait, I think we may have some in the "basement." I plan to take them on during a week when I'm not working every day so I can monitor the situation and the cats.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Travel Bug out.


1 comment:

  1. yes. . .I was going to suggest borax as well. . .mixed in a bait, peanut butter or something sweet spread on a little piece of foil, and stuck in an out of the way place always worked for me. . .takes a few days though. . .good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.