Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Friday, August 21, 2020

Days Off from Walking to Heal - August 18-August 21, 2020

Diane and I did not participate in any Volksmarches for a week. She was having bad knee pain for which she saw a doctor. His prescription: no walking for a week, no strenuous activity, ice, stretch, and pain reliever. That was good advice for me as well. Both my knees hurt, I had pain in my right Achilles, and hip pain (this comes and goes). 

I spent my time writing blogs, doing housework, grocery shopping, laundry, reading, and doing 300-piece jigsaw puzzles on jigsawplanet.com. One night, Bob's boss (Rick at Enertech) took us to dinner at The Green House in Gig Harbor, Washington. Their special that night was Caribbean Jerk Halibut! That's what I ordered. Bob had the Parmesan-crusted Halibut. It was a wonderful dinner and we had a very nice conversation. 

Other than that, it was a quiet four days. My knees and Achilles started feeling better with ice, heat and stretching. I do not want to overdo it because we still have to hike on Mt. Rainier and that will be strenuous.

Tomorrow, Bob and I are going to do the 10k Tacoma Narrows Bridge Volksmarch.

Next Wednesday, Diane and I will start walking again. We plan to limit ourselves to 5k, 6k or 7k walks for the next week or two. 

Here's a photo of Sunnie who has been close for cuddles every time I sit in my chair.

Sunnie the Love Sponge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.