Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Urgent Care, Kodiak Roofing, Movie -- Dec. 19, 2011

Reno/Sparks, NV: Again this morning my hand was super puffed up, red, hot and I couldn't move my little finger. Took 800 mg ibuprofen, iced my hand first thing and again on the way to Fernley. We stopped at Amazon.com to report about my hand. They didn't know if the swelling was work-related or not (neither did I). They sent me to a clinic for occupational injury evaluation--might not be covered by workers comp...have to have it assessed. 
Normal Left hand

Puffed up right hand
Bob dropped me off at the assigned clinic in Reno while he went to talk to our financial adviser. In order to do an occupational assessment I had to do a drug screen and a breathalyzer test. Then I was seen by the doctor who had me get a hand x-ray. After he looked at the x-rays, he said he didn't see anything broken. He will have a radiologist review it. Meantime, he didn't think the injury was workers' comp. His "best guess" without lab workup is arthritis or gout. 

Because he was doing a workers' comp assessment, he couldn't do lab work. I will have to go to an Urgent Care clinic if this gets worse and have lab work done to rule out infection. He thinks this is a flare-up that might only last a couple of days. 

It's been two full days and my hand still looks like yeast dough rising...no sign of my knuckles. Hurts like heck! He told me to keep taking ibuprofen, elevate my hand and ice it. Been there, done that; still majorly swollen! He put me on light duty for my last week at amazon.com: no pushing, no pulling, no lifting. That's what I've spent all my work days doing, so we'll see what they come up with for me to do.

I just want the pain, inflammation and swelling to go away! I'll keep you posted...

After Bob picked me up from the clinic, we went to IHOP for lunch, Sierra RV to talk to them about our bill for black water tank work, to Kodiak Roofing (Bob's new employer--got to see his new office [nice]), Bob had to get his pre-employment drug test, then to see "Hugo" in 3-D.

We loved "Hugo"! It's clever, creative, touching (take Kleenex), and has a great story with excellent acting. I didn't recognize Jude Law. He played a very different role from his Dr. Watson role in Sherlock Holmes. Sacha Baron Cohen had a interesting role. Overall, the movie was engaging and you HAVE to see it in 3-D to get the most out of it.


At K-Mart I exchanged a pair of jeans that got a broken zipper after wearing them twice. Found the same jeans, replaced one pair and got a second pair in another color. I hope the zippers work better.

Our next RV park reservations were made in Sparks for Jan. to mid-April. We will move our 5er this weekend.

Time for more ibuprofen and bed. Good night.

1 comment:

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.