Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Monday, February 6, 2012

Cute cat story -- Sunday, Feb. 5, 2012

Sparks, NV:
It's no secret that I'm a night owl. Last night I stayed up until 3:00 a.m. Here's what my life has come to...

I have to sneak into the bathroom while the cats are sleeping to floss my teeth. We have a sliding pocket door between the bathroom and the hall with about a 1" gap under it. Early this morning, I made it to the bathroom and got the door closed before the cats could join me. They think it's dental floss playtime, but I think I've evaded them and start flossing my teeth.

I feel something moving on the floor behind my foot. When I look down, our oval throw rug is slowly disappearing under the door out into the hall. I take my foot and pull it back in. About two seconds later I see Bowie's lilac-point paw about 5" into the bathroom and he snags the throw rug and slowly pulls it all the way out into the hall. I start laughing because it's so silly.

Cats are very entertaining. I open the pocket door and there are Bowie and Sunnie sitting in the hallway looking totally innocent and waiting for dental floss playtime. The throw rug is in a heap at their feet. We have a round of dental floss playtime. Everybody's happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.