Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

You Say It's Your Birthday? - Wed., Nov. 20

Yes, today is my birthday. My day started out with a team meeting at the RV park. The whole group sang "Happy Birthday" to me with gusto. What a good start to the day!

As soon as the meeting was over, I headed up to Lady Bird Park to do a 5K (3.1 mi) Volksmarch along the Salado Creek Trail. That took an hour as I stopped to take a few photos and detoured into Los Patios shopping/dining area to look around before it opened for the day.

Fall colors
Black vultures.
Fungus - bottom looks like a stack of pancakes.
Fall colors.
Another wildlife sighting.
 Los Patios Shopping/Dining area:


Brazier Restaurant has ponds on two sides of the restaurant. Beautiful setting in the trees.

Pond outside Brazier restaurant.
Brazier Restaurant.
Pond on the other side of Brazier Restaurant.
Grounds at Los Patios.
The only shop I saw in Los Patios.
 In the following photo, I love the way each leaf is changing color.

Fall beauty.
The following photo is part of the Salado Creek Trail. Glad I wasn't here when that tree crashed down!


More fall colors.
After my walk, I headed back to the 5er to vacuum and do laundry. But that's not all I did on my birthday. To be continued...

2 comments:

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.