Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Saturday, June 9, 2012

I Wasn't Going to, but... Fri., June 8

Cotulla, Texas:

I wasn't going to write a blog tonight, but decided I had a couple of things to say. Here I am back at the computer.

Bob went grocery shopping this afternoon at Super S in Cotulla. He always brings back good fruits and veggies.

We've been making a concerted effort to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. With the ingredients on hand tonight, I was able to make Color Bowl Salad. Ingredients: Your favorite kind of lettuce or lettuce mix, kidney beans (drained and washed), cauliflower, tomatoes, green pepper, mushrooms, avocado, cucumber, strawberries, red cabbage, carrots (and I usually dice up pecans and throw them in, but we were out). I ate a bowl of salad with Newman's Own Oil & Vinegar salad dressing and I am full! Good stuff.

Color Bowl Salad
In late afternoon, the sable antelope herd was across the road on the ranch. I tried to walk up to the fence slowly to get some good pics. They stampeded off. Oh well. 

As long as I was out, I walked up and down the caliche dirt road in front of the gate looking for animal tracks. Three grey cottontails crossed the road. I found tracks from lizards, snakes, bunnies and what looked to be bobcat. How to Identify Cougar, Coyote and Bobcat Tracks. They definitely were not coyote tracks.

The sun was highlighting grasses along the road. I thought they were pretty.




While I was walking, the H2S (hydrogen sulfide) gas alarm blared at the well. It lasted about five seconds then went off. There was one worker left on the Pad. When he left, I asked him about the alarm. He said he was testing it...no release of gas. Whew. I can breathe again.

This evening Bob went on an hour-long bike ride. He saw deer in a couple of places.

The gate is supposed to be slow tomorrow. Some of the crews said they're taking the weekend off.

At 11:00 a.m. Saturday (tomorrow), Bob is going to substitute on a LOMA gate near Dilley so the couple can have a date and go into San Antonio for a few hours. They asked for four to five hours. Bob is going to tell them to take eight hours and have a good time. (It's three hours round trip to San Antonio.) I will start work at our gate at 10:30 a.m. instead of 3:00 p.m.

They will reciprocate for us when we're ready to go. We hope for eight hours as well. We want to shop at Costco & Walmart, have lunch, see a movie, maybe find a good walking trail.

One cat pic for the road...

Sunnie and Bowie.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.