Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Thou mangled motley-minded flap-dragon! -- Sat., June 2

Out of my sight! Thou dost infect my eyes. 

~ From Richard III

Tonight, while passing time, I found this website of Shakespearean insults. (Thank you A.Word.A.Day). Go to the site below, read the insult, click "Insult Me Again," and you keep getting a new insult. Priceless. (Maybe I'm just easily entertained. I hope you are too.)


Gate guarding update: Tonight I am busy on the gate. Flow-back tankers are lined up down the road. It takes approximately 30-45 minutes for each tanker, plus other trucks with trailers are coming in to take out equipment.

Being a night owl my whole life, taking the 3 p.m. to 3 a.m. shift is a piece of cake. Work comes first. Blogging gets done, games on Facebook get played AND I work. Can't beat that.

Today's wildlife scenario: Two roadrunners (I'd venture to guess a pair), are out collecting bugs, going back and forth outside our rear picture window. A pair of mockingbirds are dive-bombing and attacking the roadrunners. It is very apparent that the mockingbirds feel their nest is in danger from the roadrunners. The roadrunner was on the move. I tried to get a good picture. Here's my best effort. 

One of the two roadrunners living by us.
South Texas sunset.
We keep hearing stories from the truck drivers that they have been running over rattlesnakes in the road. One driver told me he has run over 10 rattlesnakes. Maybe that's why we haven't seen one yet. (Or maybe it's the constant replenishment of mothballs under all our vehicles.)

All for today. Short and sweet. Be sure to comment if you're so inclined. Bloggers love feedback!

If you spend word for word with me, I shall make your wit bankrupt.
~ The Two Gentlemen of Verona

Such bugs and goblins in my life!
~ Hamlet
 
Travel Bug out.

5 comments:

  1. 10 rattlesnakes on the road are 11 to many for this skeerdy-cat! Given a free rein, I'm a night owl also; enjoyed my hours like yours when Dave and I were on 24/7 duty at a different location. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too funny! I read your comment to Bob and we both had a good laugh about the 11 rattlesnakes too many.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, thanks for he updates from Cotulla. You are gate guarding on my families place. I'd rather be in south Texas than anywhere else

    Regards,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Donald. No one would know this place like your family.

      I'm so glad you're reading my blog. Bob said he gave the website to Roy and Roy was going to share it with the family.

      I haven't met Roy as I'm on night duty, so I hope we got the name right.

      Susan

      Delete

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.