Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024
Sunset, Kailua-Kona, The Big Island, Hawaii, March 11, 2024

Friday, June 15, 2012

Makes Scents -- Fri., June 15

Cotulla, Texas:

In an effort to make sure our black water tank (like a septic tank) is empty, we read that Calgon water softener will loosen everything stuck to the sides of the tank and to the internal sensor, and "take it away." (That's a little play on the Calgon commercials of old, "Calgon, take me away...) 

Anyway, the first time we used Calgon we found it in liquid form. Easy to use, no muss, no fuss. The next time we looked for Calgon all we could find were bath beads in different scents. We chose lavender vanilla. The instructions stated to dissolve the Calgon in warm water and pour it, along with a gallon of water, into the empty black water tank, i.e., through the toilet. Bob took care of that this morning after he emptied the black water tank into the company-provided external tank. 

I asked Bob, "Does this mean our black water tank will smell like lavender vanilla?"

His quick-witted comeback, "About as much as my farts will smell like peaches."

5 comments:

  1. I read somewhere that it works even better if you add a little liquid Pine Sol to the mix. My brother swears by it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much for satisfying my yearning for peach cobbler Bob ! LOL. I have been using Borax and Dawn dish soap which has helped to clean the sensors and helps with odors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are a hoot. Now I have smelled rotten peaches before so Bob's comment may her appropriate.
    We also use Calgon and add a bit of Dawn dish soap. (I read about that somewhere.) I also back flush until the water runs clear. My process takes about 20 minutes. Drain, flush about 3 times. During the flush cycle, I close the tank.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, your experiences, and constructive criticism to make this blog stronger.